February 15, 2010

helpless

I'm going crazy. I don't know if my computer will ever work again; no one can seem to figure out what's wrong with it, and I certainly can't afford a new one. But more importantly, my cat Salem is very sick, and I have no idea what's wrong with her, and it's killing me.

She started acting lethargic and stopped eating a couple days ago, but I didn't really worry too much about it, because she's prone to getting hairballs and I figured she'd get better if I just watched her closely and gave her some hairball gel stuff. But this morning I woke up and she was in a bad state, and was meowing in pain. I rushed her to the only nearby vet that was open on a Sunday. I waited forever and ever, and after giving her a physical exam they told me they had no idea what was wrong with her, other than her thyroid glands were slightly enlarged, which might indicate hyperthyroidism. But supposedly that would make her eat and drink a lot, but instead she's not eating at all. The vet said all her physical stats were normal, and there was no sign of an abdominal blockage or anything like that. And she hasn't been vomitting. So he just prescribed a general antibiotic, and I took her home, still not knowing anymore than I did before.

She HATES taking the fucking medicine. She won't hold still at all, and spits and sputters and wiggles her head around everywhere, and if I do manage to get any in her mouth, she starts foaming at the mouth and starts vomitting it up. And I'm supposed to give it to her twice a day. But i can't even do anything like put it in her food because she won't eat. What the fuck am I supposed to do??

She's back to just sleeping all the time, only getting up to move from room to room to lay down and sleep...I can't entice her with wet cat food or anything...she doesn't seem to be in pain, but she's incredibly sluggish...I feel so bad because I love this cat so much. She was my pal when I moved to a strange new place and was lonely. She helped me recover from losing my cat Purr a couple years ago, who I had since I was two. Purr was twenty and sick, and wasted away to nothing before I was able to put her to sleep...I don't want to watch the same thing happen to Salem. The idea of anything happening to her crushes me. I just wish I knew what was wrong, and how I could help. That's all I want right now.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

she'll be okay, i know it!!!! <3

Kaylie said...

thanks, ross.<3

Holy Crit said...

What kind of computer problems are you having? I'm a bon a fid Computer geek..